Canoe Tour plus Climb Mt Batur volcano
You can add on Climbing Mt Batur to our Canoe Tour to save money and time
After your finish your Canoe Tour you will spend that afternoon/evening in the village and stay at Hotel Segara.
You start the next morning at 3.30am (you will have a wake up call), where you will be taken from the hotel to the starting point of your climb to meet your guide. Once you reach the top of the mountain you will watch the sunrise over the mountains while your guide cooks you breakfast of eggs and toast in the steam of the volcano.
Note: you can walk to the whole crater rim if you have the energy, this is no extra charge
- Transport on Day 2 is not included in the price
- Th Prices quoted for this package are for Canoe Tour + Climb Mt Batur, the climb cannot be done as a separate activity to one of our tours
- Price is based on limited (small cabin) luggage
- Can only be done on a day we are holding a tour
- Maximum of 4 people
The mountain nights are cool and your accommodation is basic but comfortable, with hot water.
Breakfast is included and for your convenience is available at the hotel after your climb between 8.00am and 11.00am.
Upgrades are available.
It is not possible to climb Mt Batur without a trekking guide that is registered with the Guide Association.
One Guide is able to take a maximum of four people.
Your Very Important Trekking Guide
Some people hear stories about the "mafia" in the area. We see it a different way:
1. Mt Batur is a sacred mountain and should be respected as such, your guide will doing an offering to the Gods on the way up
2. Your guide has constant contact with the Guide Station where the volcanic acitvity is closely monitored
3. Your Guide knows the tracks and they are not marked and very hard to find in the dark.
4. You are a guest in this sacred area and the rules apply to all guests, including locals from other areas
Canoe Tour: You have 2 hours of paddling (if calm conditions you will not need to paddle the whole time). This tour invlolves very little cycling and the route can be based on your level of fitness.
Climb: The climb up takes 2 hours of contiunous walking on a extremely steep winding path, on loose sand. The climb down can be slippery and can take up to 2 hours as well
You have time to do this in the afternoon after canoeing or after your climb before you leave the area.
There are risks climbing Mt Batur, please ensure you have travel insurance that covers this activity. The Guide Association only has US$2000 insurance cover and we cannot cover you under our policy.
Hotel Segara will be the ones organising a guide from the Mt Batur Guide Association. We are unable to guide you up the mountain and you are unable to climb without a guide from the Guide Association.